Lowering the barriers to entry to create wearables and other products for the Internet of Things
The Intel Edison development platform is the first in a series of low-cost, product-ready, general purpose compute platforms that help lower the barriers to entry for entrepreneurs of all sizes—from pro-makers to consumer electronics and companies working in the Internet of Things (IoT).
Intel Edison packs a robust set of features into its small size, delivering great performance, durability, and a broad spectrum of I/O and software support. Those versatile features help meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
The unique combination of small size, power, rich capabilities, and ecosystem support inspires creativity and enables rapid innovation from prototype to production for entrepreneurs of all sizes.
- Intel Atom system-on-a-chip (SoC) based on leading-edge 22 nm Silvermont microarchitecture including a dual-core CPU and single core microcontroller (MCU)
- Integrated Wi-Fi, Bluetooth* LE, memory, and storage
- Support for more than 30 industry-standard I/O interfaces via a 70-pin connector
- A series of Intel & partner created expansion boards to support the long tail of innovation
- Support for Yocto Linux*, Arduino*, Python*, and Node.js*
- Open source community software tools enabling ease of adoption that will inspire developers
- Integrates with cloud platforms providing visualization of streamed data, dynamic rule evaluation/alerting and analytics.